Martha Rosado is a caring, non-judgmental counselor with over 10 years of experience in techniques proven to reduce stress & anxiety.
I became a counselor because I deeply believe in our ability to change and grow. We all have strengths that can help us overcome life’s challenges. Sometimes we just need help accessing our calm, courageous self. I truly enjoy being a consultant and coach on that path.
I chose to specialize in treating anxiety, worry and panic after getting training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and EMDR. I continually see those techniques melt away stress and open you up to truly experiencing life. It’s a new way of being present in the moment and kind to yourself & others.
I am a client centered, solution focused therapist. I also have advanced training as a Dialectical Behavior informed therapist and frequently use Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Internal Family Systems and Cognitive Behavioral strategies in treatment.
- Panic attacks
- Clarity to make a difficult decision
- Major Life Decisions/Changes (graduation, career change, ending a relationship)
- Personal growth
- Women’s issues / Pregnancy / Post Partum
- Young adult issues
- Relaxation / Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Coping with difficult emotions
- Self-care & Self-compassion
- Health Coaching
- Emotional eating
- Quitting smoking / Tobacco Cessation
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology – Millsaps College
- Master of Science, Counseling Psychology – University of Southern Mississippi
- Specialized training in –
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- True Colors Personality Assessment
- Gottman Marriage Counselor Level 1
- Health, Wellness & Tobacco Cessation
License & Certifications
Martha is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and National Certified Counselor (NCC). Licensure is an assurance that you are working with an experienced, well-trained professional who is committed to ethical conduct. Licensure requires a Master’s degree in Counseling, passing a rigorous national exam, 3,500+ supervised hours of experience, continuing education and a commitment to professional and ethical standards.
Martha is a Board Certified Telemental Health Counselor and offers one-on-one video counseling sessions.
Professional Leadership & Honors
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselor of the Year – 2014
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselors Association – Executive Board / President 2018-2019 / Conference Chair & President-elect 2017-2018 / Treasurer 2012-2016
- Mississippi Counseling Association – Emerging Leader for 2011-2012
- Mississippi Counseling Association – Executive Board / Bylaws Chair 2013-2015