Martha Rosado is a caring, non-judgmental counselor with over 10 years of experience in techniques proven to reduce stress & anxiety.
I became a counselor because I deeply believe in our ability to change and grow. We all have strengths that can help us overcome life’s challenges. Sometimes we just need help accessing our calm, courageous self. I truly enjoy being a consultant and coach on that path.
I choose to specialize in treating anxiety, worry and panic after getting training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and seeing those techniques melt away stress and open you up to truly experiencing life. It’s a new way of being present in the moment and kind to yourself & others.
In 2011, I opened Anxiety Specialists Counseling Center serving clients in the Madison and Jackson, MS area and across central Mississippi.
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology – Millsaps College
- Master of Science, Counseling Psychology – University of Southern Mississippi
- Specialized training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, True Colors Personality Assessments, Gottman Marriage Counselor Level 1, Health & Wellness.
License & Certifications
Martha is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and National Certified Counselor (NCC). Licensure is an assurance that you are working with an experienced, well-trained professional who is committed to ethical conduct. Licensure requires a Master’s degree in Counseling, passing a rigorous national exam, 3,500+ supervised hours of experience, continuing education and a commitment to professional and ethical standards.
Professional Leadership & Honors
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselor of the Year – 2014
- Mississippi Counseling Association – Emerging Leader for 2011-2012
- Mississippi Counseling Association – Executive Board / Bylaws Chair 2013-2015
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselors Association – Executive Board / Treasurer 2012-2016 / Conference Chair & President-elect 2017-2018