Kristen Slaven is a compassionate, caring counselor with over 10 years experience helping adults and children with emotional distress.
It is my firm belief that we as humans, uniquely and intricately designed, possess the innate ability to heal ourselves. There are times in life, however, that we need a little extra help navigating those difficult situations. As a client-centered therapist, I seek to meet the individual, specific needs of each client I meet. There is no “one size fits all” in counseling, therefore, many therapeutic modalities may be used including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Internal Family Systems (IFS), Solution-Focused Therapy, Child-Centered Play Therapy (CCPT), and mindfulness/relaxation strategies.
- Women’s Health
- Infertility/Miscarriage/Stillbirth/Child Loss
- Postpartum Depression
- Anxiety and Depression
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma and PTSD
- Emotional Disturbance
- Stress Management
- Life Transitions
- Military/Law enforcement lifestyle
- Behavior Issues
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology & Biology – Delta State University
- Master of Education, Community Mental Health – Delta State University
- Specialized training in:
- Child-Centered Play Therapy
- Counselor Supervision
License & Certifications
Kristen is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Board Qualified Supervisor (LPC-S) and National Certified Counselor (NCC). Licensure is an assurance that you are working with an experienced, well-trained professional who is committed to ethical conduct. Licensure requires a Master’s degree in Counseling, passing a rigorous national exam, 3500+ supervised hours of experience, continuing education and a commitment to professional and ethical standards.
Kristen is a Board Certified Telemental health Counselor and offers one-on-one video counseling sessions.
Professional Leadership & Honors
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselors Association – Executive Board/Treasurer 2020-2022 / Public Relations Chair 2018-2019
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselors Association – June Comola Award Recipient
- Ann Mohead Whittle Award Recipient